WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - A Clay County inmate is accused of killing another inmate.
Cameron Henderson is charged with first-degree murder in last week's death of Dale O'Neal, 54.
O'Neal was found unresponsive Friday morning.
Henderson appeared in court on the charge Tuesday morning. No bond was set.
Crime lab results confirm the cause of death was strangulation, Sheriff Eddie Scott said.
Both men were in jail on misdemeanor charges, the sheriff said. O'Neal was set to be released later that morning.
Scott said both inmates were non-violent offenders.
Investigators are looking into a possible motive.
- Inmate accused of killing Clay County cellmate
- Clay County collision kills one
- Investigation underway into death of Clay County inmate
- Memphis woman accused of bringing weed into Clay County jail
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Clay County inmate pleads not guilty to murder, judge orders mental exam
- Inmate accused of starting fire at Lee County jail
- Clay County traffic stop nets four arrests
- Drug arrest made following Clay County pursuit
- Drug arrests made in Clay County