YALOBUSHA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Five people face felony drug charges following a traffic stop and assistance from the department's newest K-9 deputy, Yoda, Sheriff Lance Humphreys said.
Deputy Taylor Byford stopped Nicholas Nicholson, of Oxford, on Hwy 7 north of Coffeeville for a traffic violation, Humphreys said. During the stop, Byford said his K-9, Yoda, alerted him indicating there were drugs inside Nicholson's vehicle.
During a search of the vehicle, the deputy was able to locate alleged methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia hidden inside, Humphreys said.
Later that day, four other arrests were made while deputy Byford and K-9 deputy Yoda were on patrol, Humphreys said.
-Thomas Hargo, Tillatoba
-Robert Craig Thomas, Scobey
-Cody Myrick, Water Valley
-Brittany Hubbard, Oxford
All four face felony drug charges and were booked in the Yalobusha County jail.
- Yalobusha deputy K-9 nets five arrests
- Five arrested for drugs in Yalobusha County
- Burglary arrests made in Yalobusha County
- Woman missing in Yalobusha County
- Yalobusha County teen found safe
- Man suing Yalobusha County, Water Valley for 2019 arrest
- Indictment made in Yalobusha County bank robbery
- Yalobusha Co. family worries rain threatens home
- 3 face felony charges in Yalobusha County
- Family desperately searches for missing Yalobusha woman