JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Two new local cases of West Nile virus have been reported.
This brings the 2018 state total to 49 human cases.
According to the Mississippi State Department of Health, two new cases were reported in Lee County.
Other cases reported in local counties include Calhoun (3), Itawamba (1), Oktibbeha (1) and Yalobusha (1) counties.
As of November 16, Hinds County has the most reports with a total of 16.
MORE: See full list here
- New cases of West Nile virus reported in North Mississippi
- 2 new cases of West Nile virus reported in Mississippi
- Mississippi reports first West Nile virus human case of 2018
- Mississippi reports second West Nile virus human case of year
- Mississippi reports 21 West Nile virus human cases so far
- Mississippi reports three new West Nile virus cases
- West Nile virus reported in Attala County
- West Nile virus case reported in Itawamba County
- Another local case of West Nile virus reported
- West Nile virus case reported in Yalobusha County