SMITHVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A newly-elected alderman in Smithville will be sworn in on Thursday.
A special election was held on Thursday in the Monroe County town to elect the new city official.
According to the Town of Smithville, Phil Goodwin received 59 of the total 74 votes.
- New Smithville alderman to take office
- Aberdeen alderman passes away
- Fire destroys Smithville grocery store
- Aberdeen alderman's position may be in jeopardy
- Alderman speaks out about Verona shooting
- Pittsboro elects new Alderman at Large
- Smithville man accused of stealing tools
- Smithville man charged with uttering forgery
- 3 Smithville youths face child exploitation charges
- UPDATE: Smithville man reported missing found okay