JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi will see new license plates beginning January 2019.
On Thursday, Gov. Phil Bryant released the following statement.
"I was proud to sign legislation in 2014 that added the United States National Motto, "In God We Trust," to the Mississippi State Seal. Today, I am equally delighted to announce that it will adorn our new Mississippi license plates. They will be available starting in January 2019."
Associate Revenue Commissioner Kathy Waterbury says the plates will also switch to a golden tan color and include an extra numeral.
She says the changes were made to help law enforcement distinguish between the old and new plates.
Approval for the new design came this week from the license plate commission that is made up of the governor, attorney general, treasurer and revenue commissioner.
- New Mississippi license plates unveiled
- Humanist group objects to 'In God We Trust' license plate
- 12 Mississippi driver's license stations closing Wednesday
- Proposal would increase Mississippi marriage license fee
- Emojis on license plates? LOL it's about to be a thing
- Mississippi stops yanking driver's licenses for unpaid fines
- Toyota unveils newest Corolla model
- Columbus driver's license station closed temporarily
- Tupelo driver's license station temporarily closed
- Alabama lawmakers could abolish marriage licenses