HOUSTON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Chickasaw County Sheriff's Department has a new K-9.
After three months of bake sales, burger sales and multiple donations from the community, the sheriff's department was able to buy their new K-9 named Naygood.
Deputy Bo Yeatman says after four days of bonding with Naygood, the new officer is already living up to his name.
"It means long story short, loyal and aim to please," he said.
Naygood is three years old and will continue training on Sunday.
Yeatman says the two are just starting to know each other and see how they interact together. He says Naygood love his ball and is very social, but at the same time know his job.
"He's just nonstop, but he isn't like a pet where he has hobbies, but he is a tool and know his job," Yeatman said.
By July 4, Naygood will officially be a Chickasaw County officer.
"His nose is 40 times stronger than a human's and what they can do is just amazing," Yeatman said. "He's going to watch me and make sure I'm safe."
- New K9 Naygood to help Chickasaw County
- K9 helps make meth arrest in Chickasaw County
- Chickasaw Drug arrests
- Collision injures one in Chickasaw County
- Drug-related arrests made in Chickasaw County
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County stabbing
- Burglary arrest made in Chickasaw County
- Chickasaw County corrections officer attacked by inmate
- UPDATE: Search on for Chickasaw County shooter
- State Route 389 realignment in Chickasaw County