OLIVE BRANCH, Miss. (AP) — Amazon plans to open a second fulfillment center in the northwest Mississippi town of Olive Branch.
A statement issued Monday by Mississippi Development Authority says the facility will create 500 fulltime jobs in DeSoto County.
The company plans to lease a 1 million-square-foot (0.09 million-square-meter) building where workers will ship large items including household goods, patio furniture, bicycles and sports equipment.
Amazon spokesman Owen Torres said the company does not have an opening date for the center.
The state development agency says it and DeSoto County are providing assistance for road improvements, and the county is providing additional support.
The announcement comes 11 months after Amazon said a similar facility in Marshall County would create 850 jobs over three years in the area.
Olive Branch is south of Memphis, Tennessee.
- New Amazon center to create 500 jobs in north Mississippi
- Amazon creating 850 jobs in Marshall County
- North Mississippi Medical Center closings
- Toyota Mississippi creating 400 jobs at Blue Springs plant
- Auto Parts Manufacturing Mississippi increases production, creating 50 jobs
- Tecumseh creating jobs with Verona expansion
- General Atomics in Shannon expanding, creates jobs
- Iuka auto supplier expanding, creating jobs
- SMW expanding in Lafayette County, creating jobs
- Ajinomoto Foods expanding in Oakland, creating jobs