NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - New Albany schools were placed on precautionary lockdown Tuesday afternoon as officers addressed an off-campus issue.
The school district announced on social media the lockdown was for apprxoimately eight minutes and students and the campuses were never in any danger.
Normal school activities have resumed.
New Albany Middle & High Schools were on lockdown this afternoon from approximately 2:10-2:18 p.m. due to an off campus incident that was in question. Our students nor our campuses were ever in danger. Normal school day activities have resumed.
— New Albany Schools (@naschoolupdates) April 24, 2018
New Albany Police Chief Chris Robertson says officers addressed the issue several blocks away and everything has been taken care of.
- New Albany schools resume normal operation after brief lockdown
- UPDATE: Operations return to normal at CAFB
- Normal traffic expected to resume Friday after Starkville water main break
- UPDATE: MDOC lockdown lifted
- Tupelo school placed on partial lockdown
- Oxford Middle School placed on temporary lockdown
- UPDATE: Soft lockdown lifted at Mooreville school
- School attendance returns to normal at New Hope School
- New Albany school bond issue passes
- UPDATE: New Hope school attendance returns to normal following threat