NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - New Albany police are investigating the burglary of Walgreens.
New Albany Police Chief Chris Robertson says the 911 call came into police sometime near 4 a.m. Monday.
He says an undisclosed amount of narcotics were taken from the pharmacy.
Right now, police are unsure how many people were involved, but officers are reviewing surveillance video.
"Officers were dispatched and found there was forced entry through the front door," the chief said. "The perpetrators had gone back to the pharmacy and stolen an undisclosed amount of narcotics."
Robertson says officers believe they're looking for more than one person.
This isn't the first time this Walgreens has been hit. It was burglarized a little more than a month ago.
Chief Robertson says a similar investigation is going on with Walgreens in Memphis. New Albany police say those responsible for the latest New Albany hit, may be tied to other stores in Memphis.
- New Albany police investigate Walgreens burglary
- New Albany police investigate burglary at Walgreens
- Memphis arrest may be connected to Walgreens burglaries in New Albany
- Tupelo police seek Walgreens robber
- Tupelo police investigate auto burglary
- Police investigate shooting at New Albany restaurant
- New Albany car burglary caught by witness
- Booneville police investigating pawn shop burglary
- West Point police investigate 8 burglaries
- Police continue investigation into New Albany stabbing incident