NETTLETON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Nettleton School District has named Tim Dickerson as the next school superintendent.
He currently serves as the principal at Nettleton High School and will assume his new role on July 1.
He is replacing Brian Jernigan who has been named the superintendent of the Monroe County School District.
Dickerson previously served as an administrator in the Monroe County School District.
"Our graduation rate is not exactly where we want it to be," he said. "It's not terrible, but it's below the state average and we want to get it above the state average, of course. And we also want to make sure our ACT scores continue to increase."
Dickerson said he is excited to start his new job, working for the same school district he graduated from.
- Nettleton School District names new school superintendent
- Wiygul named new superintendent for Itawamba County School District
- State superintendent visits north MS school districts
- Rob Picou named new TPSD school superintendent
- New superintendent named for Lowndes County schools
- Tupelo Public School District seeks community input for new superintendent
- Quitman School District hires assistant superintendent from Starkville
- Okolona school superintendent to retire
- Student, 12, charged in threat against Nettleton schools
- Possible retirement for Calhoun Co. school superintendent