TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Natchez Trace Parkway rangers will be out in full force to keep drivers safe along the parkway during the upcoming weekend.
Their intensified enforcement period for the Labor Day weekend started on Thursday, August 30 and continues until Monday, September 3.
Rangers will use saturation patrols to combat speeding, seatbelt violations and distracted driving. Safety checkpoints will also be used.
“We encourage drivers to focus on the road and ignore cell phones and other distractions in their vehicle. Designated drivers allow everyone to enjoy the weekend safely” stated District Ranger John Hearne.
- Natchez Trace rangers begin Labor Day enforcement period
- Natchez Trace rangers tow 28 vehicles during checkpoint
- Chief ranger of Natchez Trace Parkway hired at Yellowstone
- Natchez Trace Parkway Thanksgiving Closures
- Natchez Trace issues travel advisory following storms
- Dennis man killed in Natchez Trace collision
- TN man sentenced for Natchez Trace collision
- Natchez Trace advises travelers to remain vigilant
- Underfed horses found along Natchez Trace Parkway
- 2 die in Natchez Trace Parkway crash