TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A driver was injured when a brick smashed through his windshield while traveling along the Natchez Trace Parkway.
The suspected road rage incident happened Monday night as the teenage driver was traveling south on the Trace near the Highway 6 overpass in Tupelo.
According to the Parkway, the driver sustained a large cut on the top of his head, but he escaped serious injury.
The person who threw the brick may be traveling in a late 1990s or early 2000s sedan, either tan or gray in color. The Parkway did not provide any further description.
The Parkway recently investigated another case of road rage that happened on July 20.
Officers arrested Jesse Gambrel of Blue Springs after he allegedly showed a handgun and fired several shots near milepost 295.
Gambrel was charged with reckless driving and brandishing a firearm.
“We are very concerned about these types of incidents,” said Chief Ranger Sarah Davis. “Both of these confrontations could have resulted in more serious injuries or even death. We hope the public will help us catch the person or persons responsible for the juvenile’s injury.”
Anyone with information can contact the Natchez Trace Parkway emergency line at 1-800-300-PARK.
- Natchez Trace investigating suspected road rage in Tupelo
- Natchez Trace Parkway Thanksgiving Closures
- Natchez Trace issues travel advisory following storms
- Dennis man killed in Natchez Trace collision
- TN man sentenced for Natchez Trace collision
- Natchez Trace advises travelers to remain vigilant
- Underfed horses found along Natchez Trace Parkway
- 2 die in Natchez Trace Parkway crash
- Natchez Trace Parkway works to control privet
- Natchez Trace uses award coin program to promote safety