TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) – The Natchez Trace Parkway is making an effort to cut down on commercial vehicles traveling along the parkway.
Rangers are adding the universal “No Truck” signs at entrances with the most problems with truck traffic.
Authorities say the number of tractor trailers on the parkway has steadily increased over the past few years.
They say the new signs provide a clear notice to truckers that the parkway is off limits.
If you see a tractor trailer on the parkway, you’re urged to contact 1-800-300-7275 and provide the dispatcher with the location, direction of travel and any other identifying truck features.
- Natchez Trace installs signs to reduce travel of big trucks
- Natchez Trace issues travel advisory following storms
- Natchez Trace advises travelers to remain vigilant
- Natchez Trace Parkway Thanksgiving Closures
- Dennis man killed in Natchez Trace collision
- TN man sentenced for Natchez Trace collision
- Natchez Trace reminds visitors to travel at safe and appropriate speeds
- Natchez Trace uses award coin program to promote safety
- Natchez Trace warns of remaining ice, snow along parkway
- How would government shutdown affect Natchez Trace Parkway?