TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - It's been 35 years since the Natchez Trace National Scenic Trail was established, giving visitors a fresh new look at the parkway.
On March 28, 1983, the scenic trail was established as a unit of the National Park Service and the National Trails System.
The trail runs parallel to the parkway. It consists of five separate sections, more than 60 miles, developed for hiking and horseback riding.
- Natchez Trace celebrates establishment of National Scenic Trail
- Natchez Trace Parkway Thanksgiving Closures
- Natchez Trace issues travel advisory following storms
- Dennis man killed in Natchez Trace collision
- TN man sentenced for Natchez Trace collision
- Natchez Trace uses award coin program to promote safety
- Natchez Trace warns of remaining ice, snow along parkway
- How would government shutdown affect Natchez Trace Parkway?
- Natchez Trace installs signs to reduce travel of big trucks
- Homes for lease on the Natchez Trace Parkway