TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Natchez Trace Parkway is urging drivers traveling along the parkway to remain vigilant for others.
This comes after two recent vehicle versus motorcycle collisions.
One collision happened on October 19 at milepost 180 near French Camp. The investigation shows a vehicle pulled into the path of a motorcycle. The driver of the motorcycle received serious injuries.
The other collision happened on October 21 at milepost 111. The investigation shows a truck turned in front of a motorcycle. The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Parkway says both at-fault drivers stated they did not see the oncoming motorcycles.
“The Natchez Trace Parkway experiences a variety of traffic from cars and motorcyclists to bicycles and horses,” said Chief Ranger Sarah Davis. “Our visitors need to remain vigilant to ensure the safety of their fellow Parkway users.”
- Natchez Trace advises travelers to remain vigilant
- Natchez Trace issues travel advisory following storms
- Natchez Trace Parkway Thanksgiving Closures
- Natchez Trace warns of remaining ice, snow along parkway
- Natchez Trace installs signs to reduce travel of big trucks
- Dennis man killed in Natchez Trace collision
- TN man sentenced for Natchez Trace collision
- Underfed horses found along Natchez Trace Parkway
- 2 die in Natchez Trace Parkway crash
- Natchez Trace Parkway works to control privet