TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo will move its pediatrics unit from the NMMC Women's Hospital to the main hospital on Saturday.
Hospital officials say the unit was moved out of the main hospital in September 2014 to have all pediatric services under one roof but NMMC is now treating more children needing critical care.
Administrators say the move will lead to the creation of an intensive care unit for children.
They add moving the pediatrics unit back to the main hospital will improve access to pharmacy services.
- NMMC moving its pediatrics unit
- NMMC Auxiliary donates funds to upgrade pediatric unit
- Mixon named interim administrator at NMMC-Eupora
- Nunez named director of HIM at NMMC
- Mississippi Hospital Associations awards NMMC Eupora
- Second pediatric flu death confirmed this season
- UPDATE: NMMC lifts flu-related restrictions on visitors
- NMMC hosting event to promote stroke awareness month
- County health clinics now have pediatric flu vaccine
- MSDH reports first pediatric flu death of 2017-2018 season