STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Starkville is set to host the NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament, and store owners said it's bringing in revenue for local stores.
“We’re just super pumped to see Starkville so alive and excited so many people walking down; so many people that haven’t been in our store before,” Lauren Ann Cooper said.
The Greater Starkville Development Partnership stated they are not yet sure how much money the tournament will bring into Starkville.
However, revenue the tournament is expected to make a large economic impact over the weekend.
- NCAA tournament to make economic impact of Starkville
- Top-seeded Bulldogs roll past Nicholls in NCAA Tournament opener
- McCowan, Bulldogs overpower NC State in NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament
- Miss. State, Ole Miss men find out NCAA tournament future
- Starkville police make auto burglary arrests
- Community tip helps Starkville police make arrest
- Starkville police make two assault arrests
- Mississippi State opens NCAA Starkville Regional with 11-6 win over Southern
- Starkville lifts burn ban
- Starkville park vandalized