Editor's Note: This article has been modified.
COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Investigators returned a teenager back to North Carolina in connection to the death of his grandmother.
John Gizzi | Photo: Lowndes County Sheriff's Department
Craven County, North Carolina, sheriff’s investigators notified Lowndes County deputies on Monday, Feb. 4, to be-on-the-lookout for a stolen vehicle and a possible suspect in an arson/murder case.
That person was identified as James Gizzi, 17.
Deputies learned his brother, John Gizzi, 19, lives on 1st Street North in Columbus.
They found the brothers and the stolen car at the address. They both were detained.
John Gizzi was later charged with possession of a stolen vehicle in Lowndes County. He is not a suspect in the arson/murder case in North Carolina.
James Gizzi later approved extradition to North Carolina on charges of stealing the car. He does not face any charges in Lowndes County.
North Carolina investigators are trying to determine if James Gizzi had anything to do with his grandmother's death.
Marjorie Thompson was found dead Monday in her home in Jasper, North Carolina, reports WITN-TV in Greenville. The home was destroyed in a fire.
Craven County Sheriff Chip Hughes said James Gizzi lived in the home with his grandmother.
- UPDATE: Suspect in grandmother's death returns to North Carolina
- UPDATE: Grandmother in custody for infant's death
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect returned, bond set
- UPDATE: Calhoun County suspect returned to Mississippi
- Mother, grandmother indicted in connection with 5-year-old's death
- UPDATE: Family identifies grandmother injured in Lowndes County shooting
- UPDATE: Power returning in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Stolen Shiloh signs returned
- UPDATE: Officials identify body, suspect in Okolona death
- Granddaughter, boyfriend accused of robbing grandmother