OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) – A Myrtle man is accused of taking a vehicle in Oxford.
According to the Oxford Police Department, investigators charged Jerry Lee Smith, 25, with one count of motor vehicle theft on Monday.
Jerry Lee Smith | Photo: Oxford PD
Police say Smith is accused of taking a vehicle that was left unattended and running while the owner went into a store.
The vehicle was recovered in Lafayette County after a witness called the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department about a vehicle stuck in a field.
He was arrested by the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department shortly after.
His bond was set at $10,000.
- Myrtle man accused of vehicle theft in Oxford
- Oxford man charged with driving stolen vehicle
- Myrtle man recovering after dog attack
- Man accused of biting Oxford police officer
- Oxford man accused of scamming another
- Oxford police charge local man with car theft
- Traffic stop lands Myrtle man behind bars for drugs
- Chop shop in Myrtle shut down
- Myrtle teacher waives probable cause hearing
- Troopers: 18-wheeler goes off road near Myrtle