VARDMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - A group of musicians in Vardaman donated their time to raise money for local organizations.
The events took place at the Music Room on Main Street.
The Music Room is an event venue owned by Tom Scarbrough and his wife.
He said he and his band perform twice a month at the Music Room to show their support to different organizations.
The fundraiser that was held on Thursday night went to support the Derma Volunteer Fire Department.
According to Shane Childs, the chief of the Derma Volunteer Fire Department, the fundraiser is beneficial.
Childs said they are in need of more protective equipment.
“We hope the music is good and we hope the food is good, but that is not our main purpose. Our main purpose is to serve our community and to help out the different organizations no matter what they are," Scarbrough said.
The Music Room holds fundraisers two days out of every month.
- Musicians donate time to raise money for the community
- Musician Mac McAnally recovering from heart attack
- Legendary musician John "Ace" Cannon dies
- Dulcimer musicians gather to play in Tupelo
- Retiree donates money, land, building to Plantersville
- Race raises money for breast cancer programs
- Runner raising money stops in Mississippi
- Lamar County, AL communities raise money for teen needing heart transplant
- Community works to raise money for a wheelchair-accessible van for shooting victim
- Musician unveils Elvis painting before TV show launch