OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) -- A jury in Lafayette County Circuit Court has reportedly found a man guilty of capital murder in the shooting death of an Ole Miss graduate student.
The Oxford Eagle reports the verdict came Tuesday during a brief trial at the Lafayette County Courthouse.
Steven Wilbanks, 27, is on trial in the robbery and shooting death of Zacharias McClendon in December of 2013.
McClendon was found dead of a gunshot wound at his home on County Road 140 after his mother notified deputies she was not able to get in touch with him.
Joseph Lyons, 24, of Houston, Texas and Derrick Boone, 27, of Laurel have already pleaded guilty to capital murder in his death.
Wilbanks testified at Boone's trial the three planned the robbery while high on drugs and said Boone intended to shoot McClendon.
The newspaper reports the sentencing phase in the Wilbanks trial will begin Wednesday.
- REPORT: Verdict in on Wilbanks trial
- Family of slain Ole Miss student relieved by Wilbanks verdict
- UPDATE: Jury sentences Wilbanks to death
- UPDATE: Guilty verdict handed down in Tippah County murder trial
- UPDATE: Guilty verdict in Winston County murder trial
- Federal judge denies dismissal request for Micah Wilbanks
- Report: New trial date set in Clay County murder case
- Delay sought for former union leader's trial
- Private prison lawsuit goes to trial
- Judge: Eupora shooting suspect detained pending trial