LOUISVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A jury in Winston County Circuit Court returned a guilty verdict Monday evening in the 2017 shooting death of a woman.
Kevin Carter, 44, was accused of shooting Angela Collier, 39, in early 2017 at a home on Roy Bates Road in Noxapater.
Investigators say Collier was shot once in the leg with an AK-47 and later died at a local hospital.
Carter eventually surrendered to law enforcement following a week-long search.
Jury selection was held Monday morning, and the state presented witnesses before Carter took the stand Monday afternoon.
He was sentenced to 70 years in prison for second-degree murder, aggravated assault and felon in possession of a weapon.
- UPDATE: Guilty verdict in Winston County murder trial
- UPDATE: Guilty verdict handed down in Tippah County murder trial
- UPDATE: Bond denied for Winston County capital murder suspect
- UPDATE: Judge denies bond for Winston County murder suspect
- REPORT: Verdict in on Wilbanks trial
- Winston County murder suspect appears before judge
- Louisville murder suspect captured in Winston County
- UPDATE: Man wanted in Winston County burglary
- UPDATE: Power restored in Winston County
- UPDATE: Man dies in Winston County shooting