FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - More testimony was heard in the murder trial of Jimmy Carpenter in Itawamba County.
Carpenter is on trial for the murder of Sharon Johnson, 65, in 2015.
According to investigator Mike Newlin and Itawamba County Sheriff Chris Dickinson, Carpenter was the caregiver of the victim at the time she was murdered in her home.
District Attorney John Weddle reviewed crime scene photos with Newlin.
Newlin, the only witness on the stand on Tuesday, described the crime scene upon his arrival in 2015.
The district attorney prompted Newlin several times to show the jury some of the crime scene evidence, such as Carpenter’s bloody clothes and shoes.
After a short break, Carpenter’s attorney, Chris Bauer, asked Newlin questions about how the crime scene was processed and how the evidence was handled.
A friend of the victim said she hopes the trial will bring her peace.
- Murder trial continues in Itawamba County
- Trial begins in Itawamba County for 2015 murder
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Itawamba County shooting
- Itawamba County murder suspect found guilty
- UPDATE: Search continues for missing Itawamba teen
- Judge lowers bond for Itawamba murder suspect
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal
- Itawamba County shed catches fire
- Man charged with murder after Itawamba County shooting
- Drug arrests made in Itawamba County