CHICKASAW COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Chickasaw County Sheriff Jim Meyers confirms Fred Stevens, 68, was found dead in the county jail around 3 a.m. Friday morning.
Stevens was charged with 2nd degree murder following the death of his wife, Childa Stevens in April.
See our original article here.
Sheriff Meyers says Stevens appeared to die of natural causes, but his body has been sent to Jackson for Autopsy. The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation has taken over the case.
Holland Funeral Directors confirm their Okolona Chapel is handling Stevens' funeral arrangements. There will be a graveside service Monday at 6 p.m. at New Hope United Methodist Church Cemetery.
- Murder suspect found dead in Chickasaw County jail
- UPDATE: Tennessee murder suspect found dead
- Chickasaw County wreck leaves one person dead
- Man found dead in Pontotoc County jail
- UPDATE: Missing Chickasaw County teen found
- Bond denied for Chickasaw County drug suspect
- One person dead in Chickasaw County traffic accident
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Chickasaw County murder trial
- Chickasaw deputies search for shoplifting suspect
- Chickasaw County man found safe after trail ride