CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) - A murder arrest has been made in connection to the death of a man in Alcorn County.
Alcorn County Sheriff Ben Caldwell said deputies responded Wednesday afternoon to a reported shooting at a home on County Road 192.
The vehicle fire was on Main Street near Buchanan Street in Corinth.
Deputies found no sign of a crime there.
While deputies were at the location, Corinth Police responded to a vehicle fire on Main Street near Buchanan Street in Corinth.
The body of a man was found in the vehicle. The man is believed to be Terrance Cole Jr., 28, of Corinth, the sheriff confirmed Thursday afternoon.
Previous Article: Body found in vehicle in Corinth, may be connected to reported shooting
However, investigators are waiting for positive identification.
David Rhodes, 39, was taken into custody walking away from the scene of the vehicle fire. He lives on County Road 192, according to the sheriff.
Investigators determined the shooting happened on County Road 192 and the victim’s body was driven to Main Street and the vehicle was set on fire, Caldwell confirmed Thursday afternoon.
Rhodes was taken to the Alcorn County jail. The sheriff’s office charged Rhodes with murder, arson, tampering with evidence and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Corinth Police are assisting in the investigation.
Editor's Note: This article was modified on Nov. 15 to show Cole's correct age, 28. The sheriff's office originally reported his age as 38.
- Murder arrest made in Corinth death
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Corinth shooting
- Report: Stabbing arrest made in Corinth
- UPDATE: Two charged with capital murder in Corinth man's death
- Tupelo death caused by gunshot wound, murder arrest made
- Police arrest third person in Corinth man's death
- Jury finds Corinth man guilty of murder
- Corinth Police charge woman with husband's murder
- Fire destroys Corinth business
- 2nd arrest made for Kilmichael murder