NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - An early morning fire destroyed two business structures in New Albany.
Firefighters responded at approximately 1:30 a.m. to the fire at Thomas Wholesale Furniture on Highway 15 North.
The building has been deemed a total loss, fire officials on the scene said.
The fire also spread to a building behind the furniture business, Master-Bilt Refrigeration Solutions' storage unit. It has also been deemed a total loss.
Company officials requested workers in the cabinet section of Master-Bilt to stay home Wednesday.
A state fire marshal and local law enforcement investigators are sifting through the rubble.
Master-Bilt is part of the Standex Refrigerated Solutions Group, who later stated the fire did not interrupt manufacturing significantly and full production will return on Thursday.
The company also stated the fire has affected the jobs of 16 warehouse employees. They will likely be either reassigned or will be back at their regular jobs "within days."
- Fire destroys business structures in New Albany
- Fire destroys Corinth business
- Fire destroys Mantachie home, taxidermy business
- Fire destroys Houston home
- Fire destroys Mooreville home
- Fire destroys Dumas restaurant
- Fire destroys Starkville apartment building
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- Fire destroys Vardaman apartment complex
- House destroyed in Columbus fire