YALOBUSHA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Yalobusha County Sheriff Lance Humphreys confirms the missing man who drowned in Enid Lake over the Memorial Day weekend was recovered Tuesday.
The victim's family identified him to WTVA Monday as Ismael Ponce Alvarez.
Humphreys said Alvarez was found about 100 yards from Enid dam between McCurdy Point and Persimmon Hill camping area.
The 42-year-old went missing near the dam at the lake on Saturday afternoon. Authorities say he was playing in the water with some kids and three boats were present.
His body has been sent to Jackson for an autopsy.
Humphreys told the Herald his department first got the call early Saturday evening.
Alvarez's family shared his has one wife and four children and worked on a ranch.
Officers and volunteers from multiple agencies searched for a body until almost midnight.
Those helping in the search included Yalobusha Search and Rescue, Panola Search and Rescue, the U.S. Corps of Engineers and the Mississippi Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.
- Sheriff: Body of missing man in Enid Lake recovered
- Man drowns near Enid Lake while fishing
- UPDATE: Enid Lake drowning ruled accidental
- Tennessee crews recover body of missing Rienzi boater
- Enid woman to serve time behind bars for felonies
- Body recovered following Winston County fire
- Alabama crews recover small plane from lake
- Missing child recovered in Lee County
- Sheriff: Missing Louisville man found in Jackson
- Body recovered following Marion County, AL house fire