Note: This article was modified on March 22, 2019, to include new information from the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department.
COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A Columbus man was arrested following a multi-state chase that ended Thursday afternoon in Lowndes County.
Randy Lee Gunter | Photo: Lowndes County Sheriff's Department
The chase started in Millport, Alabama, and Lowndes County sheriff's deputies assisted Millport police with halting a vehicle that failed to stop.
The vehicle was stopped on Carlene Williams Road, which is between Caledonia and Steens, and the driver was taken into custody.
The driver, Randy Lee Gunter, 42, is charged with felony eluding in Lowndes County.
He faces several traffic-related charges in Millport, including attempting to elude.
Emergency responders originally reported that two arrests were made. However, the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department later issued a news release and did not indicate any more arrests.
- UPDATE: Columbus man arrested for multi-state chase
- Aberdeen man arrested after multi-state chase
- Columbus man captured following multi-state pursuit
- Multi-county chase ends in arrest
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged following Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Two arrested for multi-county burglaries
- Sheriff: Man in custody after multi-county chase
- UPDATE: Columbus men arrested for Tuesday shooting
- Columbus police chase leads to arrest in robbery case
- UPDATE: More info. released about wanted Columbus man's arrest