MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) — A man was taken to the hospital after he crashed his motorcycle while trying to get away from law enforcement.
The crash happened in Monroe County, but it was an Itawamba County sheriff's deputy who tried to pull over the motorcyclist around 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Itawamba County Sheriff Chris Dickinson said the deputy saw the speeding motorcycle on New Chapel Road and tried to get it to stop.
But according to the sheriff, the motorcycle kept going before it crashed into the woods on Bigbee Road between Nettleton and Amory.
The man was taken to the hospital; there is no word on how seriously he was hurt.
Dickinson said the motorcyclist was also wanted out of Lee County for fleeing from law enforcement.
Editor's Note: This article was modified on Aug. 22 to include the UPDATE link.
- Motorcyclist crashes while trying to elude law enforcement
- Crash claims life of New Albany motorcyclist
- Sheriff: Motorcyclist dies after crash, pursuit
- I-22 wreck injures two motorcyclists
- Motorcyclist injured in Tupelo accident
- Chase involving law enforcement ends with arrest
- Law enforcement search for escaped inmate
- Man charged after fleeing from law enforcement
- Law enforcement investigate fire at Walmart
- Chase with law enforcement ends in Derma