Photo Gallery 1 Images
LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A motorcycle wreck followed a law enforcement pursuit Tuesday morning, according to the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
The investigation is ongoing but officials say a trooper attempted to stop Dustin J. Fair, 28, of Mooreville, for traveling at a high rate of speed on I-22. Fair allegedly refused to stop and led law enforcement on a lengthy pursuit.
The chase started with Fair traveling westbound near the MS 371 exit of I-22. He then led troopers onto US 45 North, MS 363, and then US 45 South.
At approximately 5:15 a.m., officials say he lost control of his Yamaha motorcycle and crashed into the median cable near the intersection of US 45 and I-22.
He was transported to NMMC with non-life-threatening injuries, and charges are pending the outcome of the investigation.
- Ongoing investigation in motorcycle accident
- Evacuation issued at Aberdeen school, investigation ongoing
- Investigation ongoing into Tallahatchie County shooting
- MHP investigates Alcorn motorcycle crash
- Investigation ongoing into reported armed robbery in Oxford
- UPDATE: 2 men dead in Corinth shooting, investigation ongoing
- UPDATE: Investigation ongoing into Monroe County plane crash
- Baldwyn football player seriously hurt in motorcycle accident near school
- Salvage operation ongoing at old Tupelo Stockyard
- UPDATE: Investigation into accident involving bicycle continues