BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) -- The search for a missing teenager last year in Booneville ended when she was found last December.
Now her mother is charged with helping her avoid investigators who were looking for her.
Booneville Police Chief Michael Ramey says Dana Maria Morgan, 37, has been charged with hindering a prosecution.
He says Morgan misled officers about the whereabouts of Angelica Dykes, who was 17 at the time she was reported missing.
Ramey says the mother knew where Dykes was and had sent the girl out of state with another person.
He says Morgan continued to conceal the teenager's location until she was located in December in Alabama.
Morgan's bond was set at $10,000.
Ramey says she will also face additional charges from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Mother charged with helping daughter hide from law enforcement
- Man charged after fleeing from law enforcement
- Local law enforcement to help residents properly dispose prescription drugs
- Former law enforcement officer arrested on drug charges
- Man charged with hitting a law enforcement officer
- Law enforcement in Tishomingo County arrest 12 on drug charges
- Columbus man charged with not revealing information to law enforcement
- Chase involving law enforcement ends with arrest
- Law enforcement search for escaped inmate
- Law enforcement investigate fire at Walmart