COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A grandmother and mother were indicted with the neglect of a child after a 5-year-old drowned during the Labor Day weekend.
Lowndes County Sheriff's Lt. Tony Cooper said Tammy Brooks is the grandmother to Annabelle Bush.
Alejandro Trejo Martinez | Photo: Lowndes County Sheriff's Department
Brittany Brooks' children were placed with Tammy Brooks when Bush drowned in September.
Tammy Brooks was indicted with contributing to the neglect of a child. She has been released on a $7,500 bond.
Brittany Brooks was indicted with contributing to the neglect of a child in connection with her daughter's drowning. District Attorney Scott Colom said she faces four additional charges stemming from a previous incident.
In the spring, deputies arrested Brittany Brooks and her boyfriend Alejandro Martinez and charged them with four counts of felony child deprivation.
Previous Article - Lowndes County couple charged with child deprivation
The trial for Tammy Brooks, Brittany Brooks and Martinez is set for Feb. 24, 2020.
- Mother, grandmother indicted in connection with 5-year-old's death
- Report: Grand jury indicts mother for infant's death
- UPDATE: Grandmother in custody for infant's death
- Third woman charged in death of 5-year-old
- UPDATE: Suspect in grandmother's death returns to North Carolina
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted
- Former Saltillo banker indicted
- Mother devastated following her infant daughter's death
- Man indicted in death of girlfriend he said killed herself
- Teens indicted in death of boy found in stolen car