WEBSTER COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A Thursday morning collision claimed the life of a Mantee woman.
State troopers responded to the two-vehicle crash on Highway 15.
Trooper spokesman Sgt. Derrick Beckom says 39-year-old Draneka Ferguson of Starkville was driving a vehicle north on the highway.
She collided with another car whose driver was trying to pull out of a private driveway.
Beckom identified the driver of the second car as Carol Dendy, 63.
The Webster County coroner pronounced Dendy dead at the scene.
Medical personnel transported Ferguson to the hospital in Eupora for non-life-threatening injuries, according to Beckom.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol is investigating the collision.
- Morning collision kills Webster County woman
- Walnut woman killed in Alcorn County collision
- Lowndes County collision kills Columbus woman
- Tennessee woman killed in Benton County collision
- Clay County collision kills one
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- Webster County inmates face charges
- UPDATE: Saltillo woman killed in Lee County collision
- Morning search leads to two felony arrests in Webster County
- Calhoun County collision kills ATV driver