WASHINGTON, D.C. (WTVA) - Several local airports are receiving funds for improvements.
U.S. Senators Roger Wicker and Cindy Hyde-Smith and Congressman Steven Palazzo announced the award of $9.77 million for improvements to 20 airports across the state.
The grants will be awarded by the U.S. Department of Transportation on behalf of the Federal Aviation Administration.
The local airports include:
New Albany-Union County Airport - $218,943 to construct a terminal building
Kosciusko-Attala County Airport - $144,000 to acquire land for approaches
Macon Municipal Airport - $101,340 to rehabilitate apron, runway and taxiway
Iuka Airport - $100,030 to rehabilitate runway and remove obstructions
Roscoe Turner Airport, Corinth and Alcorn County - $91,996 for drainage improvements.
- More local airports to receive funds for improvements
- Local water departments receive funds to improve
- 12 airports in Mississippi to receive funds for improvements
- 3 local airports receiving grants to make improvements
- Local fire department to receive funds
- Millions of dollars coming to local airports for improvements
- Local Baptist hospitals receive funds to provide mammograms
- Senators: Tupelo, Columbus fire departments receiving funds
- Local elementary schools improve literacy skills
- Church Street School receives funds for new roof