BALDWYN, Miss. (WTVA) - Lead investigator, Adam Cook says Henry Adams, 70, was shot twice, once in the chest and once in the right arm according to the crime lab reports. Cook believes the motive to be robbery and has charged three teenagers in connection to the murder of Adams who was found dead in his home on October 23rd.
Quindaris Burress, 13, Dequan Stribling, 13, and Jayce West, 14, were arrested Friday. Cook says he's worked closely with MBI on this case says the teens are being charged as adults because in the state of Mississippi, the law states if you are 13 years of age or older and charged with a gun crime, you can be charged as an adult.
All three remain in the Lee County jail. A judge set their bonds individually at $1 million. Janelle Lowrey is the court appointed attorney for all three.
The case is expected to be presented at the next grand jury, which is in early 2018.
- New information on teens charged with capital murder
- Two teens charged with capital murder released on bond
- UPDATE: Teen indicted for capital murder for Baldwyn death
- UPDATE: Teens charged with capital murder to be held without bond
- Three teens charged in Baldwyn murder
- UPDATE: Two charged with capital murder in Corinth man's death
- Capital murder charge filed in connection with Bruce home explosion
- Court upholds ruling in capital murder appeal
- Two indicted on capital murder charges for 2016 death of MSU student
- UPDATE: William Chisholm held with no bond on capital murder charge