MOOREVILLE, Miss. ( WTVA) - A Mooreville woman is dead following a Sunday night camper fire off State Park Road.
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green says the incident happened around 7:15 p.m.
The woman who lived in the camper died in the fire alongside her dog. Green later identified the woman as 66-year-old Gwendolyn Lyle.
The Lee County Sheriff's Department is investigating the fire. Green says she expects the Fire Marshal's Office will investigate the scene as well.
On Tuesday, Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson stated preliminary reports indicate the fire started somewhere near the bed.
"There is no evidence the fire was intentionally set," he said.
The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
- UPDATE: No evidence fatal fire was intentionally set
- UPDATE: Police say fatal fire was result of extension cord
- UPDATE: State reveals cause of fatal Alcorn County fire
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire
- UPDATE: Two arrested for fatal Grenada shooting
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Monday collision in Starkville turns fatal
- UPDATE: Pedestrian identified following fatal collision
- UPDATE: Victims of fatal wreck identified
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Columbus fatal shooting