AMORY, Miss. (WTVA) - Monroe County will be the site of a storm spotter training program set for next month.
The National Weather Service in Memphis will hold the Skywarn program on Monday, March 12 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The training will be held in Amory at the Monroe County Government Complex.
This program is in partnership with the Monroe County Emergency Management Agency.
Officials will discuss several topics including thunderstorm and tornado formation, safety tips, etc.
The program is free and open to the public.
- Monroe County to host storm spotter training program
- Lee County to host storm spotter training this week
- Free storm spotter class
- Storm spotter training gives more eyes on the skies
- Grain bin simulator, rescue training hosted in Monroe County
- Monroe County inmates take anger management training
- Monroe County inmates graduate 'Family First' program
- Monroe Electric hosts broadband meeting
- Weather spotter class set for Tupelo
- Train smashes into truck apparently abandoned in Monroe County