ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Monroe County officers intercepted a large amount of methamphetamine before it could hit the streets.
According to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department, narcotics officers intercepted 6.11 pounds of methamphetamine on Friday.
Officers estimate its street value to be approximately $60,000 to $80,000.
An informant provided information that led to the seizure, according to the Sheriff’s Department.
However, the Department is not providing further information at this time due to the ongoing investigation.
No arrests have been made in this case, confirmed interim Sheriff Curtis Knight.
- Monroe County officers intercept large amount of meth
- Officers seize large amount of drugs on I-22
- Two people arrested with large amount of ecstacy
- Large amount of weed seized in Tupelo traffic stop
- Officers make meth arrests in Tishomingo County
- New Albany police find large amount of weed during traffic stop
- Fire destroys Monroe County home
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Child shot in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Two Monroe County probation officers involved in wreck