PICKENS COUNTY, Ala. (WTVA) - A Monroe County man was seriously injured in a train collision Thursday in Pickens County, Alabama.
Family and friends identify the man as Tony Coxey. He is currently at the University of Alabama-Birmingham hospital in stable condition but is preparing for surgery for head trauma.
The incident involved two train engines colliding near the Alabama/Mississippi state line at approximately 4:30 p.m. in Pickensville, Ala.
Pickens County Sheriff David Abston says four people were injured. Those injured were workers on the train.
A federal investigator is expected to look into what exactly caused the crash.
- Monroe County man injured in Alabama train collision
- Two receive injuries in Monroe County collision
- Three killed in Monroe County collision
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Alabama train collision
- Driver killed in Monroe Co. collision identifed
- Collision injures one in Chickasaw County
- Two seriously injured in Winston County collision
- Lowndes County collision injures two people
- Pedestrian injured in morning collision
- UPDATE: Troopers ID one victim from Monroe County collision