COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - The Columbus Air Force Base states the body found last week near Aberdeen is that of Steven Huebner.
Sheriff's deputies found a body on March 1 in the backyard of a residence on Buck Road, which is near the Aberdeen Marina.
A body was found off Buck Road near Aberdeen on March 1.
Ellen Huebner | Photo: Monroe County Sheriff's Department
The base states he was the 14th Force Support Squadron deputy and had served on the base since 2015.
He was last seen on Feb. 23 on Buck Road. His co-workers at the base later reported him missing.
“Steven Huebner was a valuable member of Columbus Air Force Base,” said Col. Samantha Weeks, 14th Flying Training Wing commander. “We are very shocked and saddened to learn about Steven’s death.”
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley confirmed the cause of death was from multiple gunshots.
Ellen Huebner, the wife, was arrested on Monday, March 4, and charged with murder. She is free on a $150,000 bond.
- Columbus Air Force Base remembers Monroe County shooting victim
- Columbus Air Force Base hosts air show
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- Columbus-based bank to acquire Alabama bank
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Columbus fatal shooting
- Monroe County coroner identifies homicide victim
- Ceremony held to remember Baldwyn shooting victim
- Man charged in Monroe County shooting
- Sheriff: Teenager wounded in Monroe County shooting