VAIDEN, Miss. (WTVA) - A Missouri man was killed after his semi-truck crashed and exploded in central Mississippi.
The one-vehicle crash happened on Interstate 55 at approximately 4:45 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 27.
Photo: Mississippi Highway Patrol
This is in Carroll County.
The victim was identified as John Huegel, 48, of Noel.
Sgt. Ronald Shive with the Mississippi Highway Patrol said Huegel was driving south on the interstate and lost control of his truck as he crossed a bridge
The truck hit a guardrail and crossed into other lanes. It then collided with another concrete guardrail and exploded upon impact.
Shive said Huegel was pronounced dead at the scene.
MHP is investigating the crash.
- Missouri man killed in Mississippi crash
- 1 man killed as small plane crashes in central Mississippi
- Crash kills Vernon, AL man
- Crash kills Hickory Flat man
- Alabama crash kills Vernon man
- Panola County crash kills Water Valley man
- Choctaw County crash kills Eupora man
- Fayette County crash kills young man
- West Point man killed in weekend crash
- Memorial Day crash kills Mantachie man