JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi's May 2018 unemployment rate almost reached a historic low.
According to the Mississippi Department of Employment Security, last month's unemployment rate was 4.7 percent.
This marked the third lowest level ever recorded in Mississippi.
The number of people working in Mississippi rose by 1,600 to 1.2 million.
The number of unemployed Mississippians increased by 1,300 in May to 59,500.
- Mississippi unemployment rate near historic low
- Alabama unemployment rate is at historic low
- Alabama unemployment rate matches all-time low
- Mississippi sees record low unemployment in November
- Mississippi sees record low unemployment in December
- Mississippi continues to see record low unemployment
- New record low unemployment rate for Alabama in November
- Union, Pontotoc counties see low unemployment rates for November
- Mississippi releases county unemployment numbers
- October unemployment rates released per county