TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - It's that time of year when deer seem to be everywhere in Mississippi.
A survey shows the Magnolia State ranks high in the number of accidents caused by deer each year.
WTVA talked with Melissa Crump, the owner of a local body shop. Watch the story in the video player above.
Two vehicles in her shop suffered serious damage where deer took their toll on the vehicles.
Experts said it's not a surprise as deer are known to show up just about anywhere at any time.
A recent survey suggests the months of October through December are the peak months for deer running into vehicles.
- Survey: Mississippi top 10 for deer accidents
- Mississippi considers voluntary deer, turkey hunt reporting
- Survey reveals big problem for Mississippi business owners
- Survey: Poor Mississippi inmates wait long for trial
- Gun season for deer hunters begins in Mississippi
- Mississippi announces dead deer found with fatal disease
- Deer disease found in 2 more Mississippi counties
- Mississippi expands management zone to prevent spread of deer disease
- MDOT worker dies in south Mississippi accident
- Top Republican outraises top Dem for Mississippi governor