JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi's sales tax holiday is here.
According to the Mississippi Department of Revenue, the 2018 Mississippi Sales Tax Holiday takes place between 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 27 and 12:00 midnight Saturday, July 28.
A sales tax holiday is a temporary period when sales taxes are not collected or paid on purchases of specific items.
This includes certain articles of clothing and footwear.
- Mississippi sales tax holiday this weekend
- 2nd Amendment sales tax holiday begins this weekend
- Mississippi House approves carrying booze, distillery sales
- Mississippi highway construction on hiatus for holiday
- Mississippi cigarette tax increases nearly dead
- Presley alerts churches of sales tax exemption on utility bills
- Bryant eyes lottery, taxes on internet sales for road money
- Columbus council seeks internet sales tax money from the state
- Mississippi has short ban on oversized vehicles for holidays
- 5 die on Mississippi roads during New Year's holiday