JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The State of Mississippi reports its third confirmed pediatric flu death for the 2017-18 flu season.
The Mississippi State Department of Health says the death occurred in Central Mississippi. No specific location was released.
Pediatric deaths are defined as death of people under the age of 18.
Across the nation, there have been 128 pediatric flu deaths reported this season.
State health officials say flu activity has greatly decreased during the past few weeks. Peak flu season in Mississippi typically lasts from January through March.
- Mississippi records third pediatric flu death of 2017-18 season
- Second pediatric flu death confirmed this season
- MSDH reports first pediatric flu death of 2017-2018 season
- State health officials confirm first pediatric flu death of 2018-2019 season
- County health clinics now have pediatric flu vaccine
- Pediatric flu shots available at MSDH county clinics
- NMMC moving its pediatrics unit
- Flu season hits Mississippi; health officials provide recommendations
- Worst of flu season may be over in Mississippi
- Concerns for dog flu in Mississippi