PARCHMAN, Miss. (AP) — Autopsies are being done on two inmates who were found dead in separate cells at a Mississippi prison.
The state Department of Corrections says in a news release that the deaths are under investigation, and authorities don't believe there is a connection between the two cases.
The release says 29-year-old Michael Montrell Norwood and 28-year-old Milton Craig were found unresponsive Monday at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman.
Norwood was serving 15 years for three crimes in Panola County. His sentence began in February 2014 on convictions of selling marijuana, shooting into a dwelling and aggravated assault
Craig was serving a 10-year sentence after being convicted of armed robbery in Hinds County. His sentence started in February 2011.
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates
- Mississippi prison inmate dies in Pascagoula hospital
- Mississippi prison officials announce 3 more prisoner deaths
- Vermont out-of-state inmates to move to Mississippi prison
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Inmate collapses in prison, later dies
- North Dakota man sentenced to prison in welfare scam involving Mississippi inmates
- Name of inmate released following jail death
- Edgar Ray Killen dies in Mississippi prison
- Mississippi prison system: Short staffing affects safety