COLUMBUS, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man has been charged with kidnapping a 15-year-old Atlanta girl who had been reported missing.
News outlets report Emanual Moore also is charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Moore was arrested this month after Mississippi troopers found him in a broken down car with the girl and another man.
Authorities say a trooper recognized signs that the girl was possibly being sex trafficked and interviewed her. Spokesman Derrick Beckom says the trooper learned the girl was in an inappropriate relationship with Moore and had been the victim of commercial sexual exploitation.
Police also learned the Moore had been out on bond for an earlier arrest on a statutory rape charge. The other man in the car was released from custody. Moore remains jailed.
- Mississippi man charged with kidnapping missing Atlanta girl
- UPDATE: Missing girls found safe; teen charged with kidnapping
- Man arrested on kidnapping charges
- Police: Mississippi woman kidnapped 2 girls from Texas home
- Mantachie man charged with kidnapping, armed robbery
- Columbus man arrested on kidnapping charges
- Police charge Starkville man with attempted kidnapping
- Corinth man charged with kidnapping in Tennessee
- Oxford police charge man with assault, kidnapping
- Feds arrest man on rape, kidnapping charges