SARDIS, Miss. (AP) — A man wanted in a shooting death on Valentine's Day in Mississippi has been arrested after a chase.
News outlets reported that 41-year-old Marcell Martin was captured Tuesday after a chase in Panola County.
Jackson police say Martin is accused in the shooting death of 41-year-old Virgil Martin at their home on Feb. 14.
Authorities say police saw Martin speeding early Tuesday morning and tried to stop him but he drove away. The pursuit continued along Interstate 55. The car ran off the road and Martin ran into some woods, where Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby says his deputies took him into custody.
- Mississippi man arrested in Valentine's Day shooting death
- Second man arrested in shooting death of Mississippi pastor
- Mississippi man indicted in shooting deaths of 8 people
- Man arrested in shooting death in Alabama custody exchange
- UPDATE: Elderly couple dies in Valentine's Day house fire
- Why flowers get so expensive on Valentine's Day
- 3 from Mississippi plead guilty in Louisiana man's death
- Aberdeen man arrested for drive-by shooting
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged following Columbus shooting
- Mississippi fourth highest rate of gun deaths