JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — An inmate serving three sentences for aggravated assault has died in prison following a dispute with his cellmate.
The Mississippi Department of Corrections says 32-year-old Marc William McGrew was pronounced dead at the hospital at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman at 10:11 p.m. Monday.
McGrew had been in prison since 2015, serving a 25-year sentence for charges in Tate and DeSoto counties.
The actual cause and manner of death are pending an autopsy.
Further details were not released.
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Items seized from inmates during contraband search at Parchman
- Mississippi prison inmate dies in Pascagoula hospital
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Report: 15th Mississippi inmate dies in August; MDOC requests help
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates
- Inmate collapses in prison, later dies
- 14th MDOC inmate dies in August
- Edgar Ray Killen dies in Mississippi prison
- Inmate with Lee County ties escapes in South Mississippi