JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — An inmate serving three sentences for aggravated assault has died in prison following a dispute with his cellmate.
The Mississippi Department of Corrections says 32-year-old Marc William McGrew was pronounced dead at the hospital at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman at 10:11 p.m. Monday.
McGrew had been in prison since 2015, serving a 25-year sentence for charges in Tate and DeSoto counties.
The actual cause and manner of death are pending an autopsy.
Further details were not released.
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Inmate escapes from Parchman
- Parchman escapee is in custody
- Items seized from inmates during contraband search at Parchman
- Mississippi prison inmate dies in Pascagoula hospital
- Curtis Flowers moved from Parchman to the Grenada County jail
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Report: 15th Mississippi inmate dies in August; MDOC requests help
- Inmate at privately-run Mississippi prison dies in hanging
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates