SHAW, Miss. (WTVA) - A Mississippi grandmother has been officially charged with first-degree murder.
Carolyn Jones is accused of stabbing then putting her 20-month-old granddaughter in a heated oven.
Police and sheriff's deputies found Royalty Marie Floyd dead inside the oven at a home in Shaw Monday night.
They were called to the home on Martin Luther King Drive around 7 p.m. after a relative called 911.
Bolivar County Sheriff Kelvin Williams says the infant was living with the grandmother at the time of the murder.
Williams says in his many years of law enforcement he has never seen something so horrific involving a child.
Jones is being held at the Bolivar County Regional Correctional Facility on a $500,000 bond.
- Mississippi grandmother charged after infant found stabbed, cooked in an oven
- UPDATE: Grandmother in custody for infant's death
- Tupelo woman charged with kidnapping of infant
- Columbus woman charged for stabbing
- Another person charged in stabbing case
- Woman charged with stabbing man in Columbus
- 2nd dogfighting operation found in Mississippi
- Update: South Mississippi teen found safe
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead
- Infant death reported in Choctaw County